Thursday, February 4, 2016

All Mixed Up


106 - Mixed Up stupidfox.netWhy do we not trust ourselves? Why do we look down at ourselves and put ourselves down? And why is it that we get the idea that other people have their shit together somehow better than us?                                                                                                           To me it is common sense that every single one of us is just as confused and mixed up as everybody else. Nobody is better or smarter or more evolved or closer to the ultimate reality or anything else that you can imagine as a competition. I don't care if you are a priest or a guru or a scientist with an endless number of degrees or the president of the United States. To me, you are not any better than anyone else. But don't run too far with this thought either, because I do not think I am better than any of them. Now the truth is that from time to time I cannot help judging people. Sometimes I will get the sense of superiority or inferiority, because that is part of the culture I grew up with, but I understand that just because I may from time to time think it so does not mean it is. And anyone that truly believes they are superior or inferior has a false sense of identity.
We must stop competing with everyone else, especially with ourselves. We get the idea that we could be better and that we should be a better version of ourselves. Why is this? Is it something that we truly feel or is it an idea that has been put into us by something outside us? You cannot be anything other than what you are.
Stop competing with yourself, you are wonderful the way you are. Don't look up to anyone because they are no better than you are, and don't look down on anyone because they are just as good as you. Everyone is just as fucked up and mixed up as you are. We all have the same thoughts and fears and hopes. This is a bridge that can bring us all together as a people.

No comments:

Post a Comment